Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, October 3, 2011

Proposed idea went great!

Frustrated after being told it isn't my job to increase special dd here, I was more determined than ever. I discussed starting a program at our school with the other sped teacher here, who is just as much on board as I am, and even the idea of a monthly parent support group. Then, with strong conviction, I proposed a rough draft version to our director. She is 100% on board! And, as luck would have it, our regional director will be here tomorrow (and may I add he and I have already had a great conversation about my desires to stay with the company a long time), and she said she would discuss it with him. Then, over our fall break, when all the directors meet, she can take it to the next step!!!

Our proposed idea is a preschool/early intervention program with two classrooms: one for Autism and one for Intellectual and Physical Disabilities. I am committed to my students that are here now, so I would not be able to run the I&PD class, but would assist overall. The other teacher and I will need to do a proposal, outline, etc. But, she has already done that! She ran a school back in the states. :)  I AM SUPER EXCITED right now and only hope to make this happen for next fall. IF all else, it will have to wait until 2013 when our new school opens, but at least we are on the right track. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment