Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Airline reviews

Ok, my work computer is allowing me to access the blog, so for now, I'll have to made due. Anywho, I want to tell you about some recent flight experiences. First of all, I am already a huge fan of Aer Lingus and Lufthansa for their international service. Recently, another carrier was added to my approve list - Air Astana. They were fast, friendly, and provided great service. Not only did we get a hot meal (even on a short flight),but full-sized candy bars, free alcoholic beverages (THANK YOU!) and lemon drop candies to suck on during take off and landing, to help w/the ear popping thing. I can't tell you enough how much I will fly them again if given a choice.

THEN, there was the "I will never fly you again if I can help it" experience. This goes to Aerosvit Ukrainian Airlines. They have you wait for a LONG time to check in, took my registration from Kazakhstan out of my passport, provided crappy cold-cut sandwiches on long flights (might I add you have to assemble yourself), did not provide many beverage choices (I couldn't get milk), and make you wait out in the cold! Yep, they don't even pull the planes to the hub. You get into a bus, go across the tarmac, and then, we had to wait outside b/c they were not ready. The first time it was sprinkling and the second time it was 10pm and -5 degrees celsius! When I got inside, I asked for a blanket, b/c waiting outside for 10 minutes made me freezing cold. I was told that was a business class thing and it would be hard to find one for me. I was then rudely told, "You know it's cold in Astana too." (I wasn't wearing a jacket, so she thought I was an idiot.)  So, my reply was, "Nobody there is ignorant enough to ask me to stand outside in the cold for 10 minutes."  She didn't have a reply for me. I was waiting....

So, Aerosvit...you know what you can do. And Air Astana, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment