Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, September 1, 2011

U.S. Embassy not as expected

Today, the U.S. Embassy opened its door for the expat teachers of my school. I was told it was a beautiful building, it was the nicest building we'll see...etc, etc. I am sorry to say, I was rather disappointed. Not only did it not impress me like some local architecture has done, but they didn't play host very well either. Supposedly, another large group came in and ate the extra food they had prepared for us, so our food took longer. They did offer American food (chicken fingers and ff), but I opted for local and it was delicious. It also never occurred to me that the embassy would be considered U.S. territory/soil. So, while eating today, I was technically in America. Odd, eh? The weirdest part? I was anxious to get back to school and back to my new life here. I wasn't longing for home. I wasn't feeling all nostalgic. I was just having lunch and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment