Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

first day jitters not quite there

Tomorrow is our first day of school for the students. And while I would normally have first day jitters, this year is slightly different. My students will not be starting until Sept. 5th. I am glad to have a few extra days to prepare, but am feeling slightly behind already. I'm sure it will be fine though when they do come. I mean, I have done this before. Tomorrow will be interesting in the fact that it's not only a half day (true...they only do half day the first day to ease into school), but the teachers have been invited to go to the U.S. Embassy for lunch. The only disappointing factor is that the embassy is NOT treating us to lunch, just hosting it. Really? I know how much I paid in taxes this year and I'm pretty sure U.S. can write off a few lunches. But, it will still be a nice experience.

I'm sorry this post isn't as exciting as you may wish for, but tonight, I'm just plain old tire. Haha. But, a local is taking me out with her and her friends this Friday. She described the plan to me today and it follows something like this: wine tasting event w/staff at 5:30, drinks at local bar at 7:30/8:00, and club starting at 12am. Yep, you read that correctly. She told me I have to "get used to it". I have a feeling I'm sleeping in on Saturday! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment