Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, September 5, 2011

Kids are the same, no matter what language they speak.

While sitting at my desk working today, the secondary classes were changing books in between classes. Some of the older boys must have thought I wouldn't care or wouldn't hear, but they dropped a few cuss words. At least they were secondary. I've heard much worse from elementary kids. I simply called out, "Language please boys". They looked, not at all shocked, but seeming to be respectful enough to move on. I contemplated saying, "If you want me to not say anything, cuss in your own language! I understand you in mine."

My kids finally arrived today, jet-lagged. They just got in this morning, so I will not be doing assessments this week. At least they are in though. I was getting pretty tired of not teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment