Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am in love

Wait. Before you all start thinking I've found a Kazakh or Russian to steal my heart away, stop. It's neither. It's my job! I know, it's only the second day of having kids, so this is very much the honeymoon phase. Or is it? Could it be that I have found my ideal situation? I am working with the population of Special Education that I set out to work with after college. I have a lunch and at least one planning period PER day (on 4 days it's two periods of planning!), I have an admin who doesn't ask what you are doing (ie: lesson plans), and colleagues that are fantastic and helping me to adjust. Oh, and I get to enjoy all of this while exploring a new city in a new country.

I know, it seems too good to be true. Something has to be wrong. Trust me, it isn't perfect. We are lacking technology, lacking supplies, lacking a common language among staff....and yet, I'm ok with that. I sleep at night now. Maybe I am just a naive dreamer who has no idea what things will be like the remainder of the year. And, I am ok with that too. I once heard an old Chinese proverb that said, "The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is making your dreams come true." Sometimes in life, it isn't about success, but mere happiness that enables you to smile at the end of the day. Today, I am smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment