Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm learning to just try

Today, I went across town to the Indian Bazaar and then a different part of town to grocery shop - all on buses and all by myself. I know, it may not seem like a big deal to most, but for me, it's huge. First of all, bus stops are not all marked with what buses are coming and going. Secondly, with construction throughout parts of town, certain routes are not running. And finally, it's VERY RARE that someone on a bus speaks English, so if I get lost, I'm kinda shit-outta-luck. But, it was all good today. :)

I bought a beautiful blouse at the bazaar. Then, I did my bi-weekly grocery shopping. I spend about $50 each time, which isn't bad. The downside is there isn't a bus on the way home, so I have to walk with all of my grocery shoved into my backpack and in my hands. Ugh. My poor back. Knowing it was going to be a long haul, I went ahead and bought myself a treat at the store, which I am about to enjoy (lamb kebob flavored chips). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment