Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, September 19, 2011

The things that bring memories...

I had a usual day at work and then came home to the usual here. Snickers was crying b/c she was hungry and I was wishing I had a chef to cook for me while I took a nap! I took the easy way out for dinner tonight with leftovers, but then, once refueled, began a dinner for the next few days. There is a roast in my oven as I type. It is cut up, not whole. I like it better cut up. It has potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, pork stock, and a few tomatoes, since I like cooked tomatoes. It looks delicious. Lets hope it tastes as good. While I was finishing up the chopping, and about to put it in the oven, I thought "Dad would be proud of this!" I miss him all the time, but ironically, haven't thought of him the past few days - until now. I always think of him when I am making something good in the kitchen. Certain foods remind me of him, certain songs, certain everything. I wonder what he would think of my job overseas. I wonder if he'd have thought I was nuts. Although, that is still up for question in my life. I am pretty sure though, he wouldn't be coming to visit. :)  So, while I enjoy my roast this week, I know I'll have company for dinner. Thanks, Dad. You were an amazing man! PS...if my roast doesn't turn out, I'll just blame mom for my cooking skills! ;)  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment