Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I miss soft underwear

Yep, I said it. I miss my soft under gutchies. Why aren't they soft here? Well, we don't have dryers. I know! I never imagined I'd be without a dryer! Sure, there are fabric softeners to help, but when you are drying everything on a rack, it's just not the same. I am fine w/the pants and shirts. Those who know me well know that I iron everything anyway, so it softens it up some. But, my underwear and socks....ugh...I may have to start ironing them as well. It's bad enough that my washing machine only holds approximately 5-6 shirts at a time. But, I can live with doing laundry often. I've never been opposed to laundry. I actually find it to be a more enjoyable chore of the group of housekeeping items that must be done. I'd gladly do the laundry for 10 people if it meant I never had to dust, mop, clean bathrooms, or do dishes ever again. However, at this very moment, I'd almost crack and agree to do all those dreaded chores if it meant having a dryer that gave me soft things again. I really have lived a spoiled life in the states. Even being on the lower end of the socio-economic profile, I was spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment