Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, September 12, 2011

Enjoying my life...even the work part.

Well, it's been a month since I've been here and two weeks into school now, but starting the third one. I am amazed at how much I don't stress like I used to. I am sorry if it sounds like I am bragging, but some of you have no idea how much of myself I put into my old job. How much time and energy (and often money) went into my kids. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love them all and still keep in touch w/some, but now, I am keeping in touch with me. It's very different.

The other day, I got to meet my replacement via skype. I found out that she doesn't do point sheets, nor lesson plans. Geez. I would have killed for that! But, I also realize she is missing out on truly understand the uniqueness of the kids she works with. The one-on-one time I had with them was amazing. I learned so much about special ed kids, as well as about myself and just how much I could physically and emotionally handle. My job back home prepared me to handle the roughest of situations, and learn to enjoy the rewarding moments that come after the storms. I am grateful for that. Especially, since I am now here, enjoying the rainbow that has followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment