Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another level of complication for dating

I went out last night with some local friends and had a blast. We sang and danced, and yes, drank a little too. We were at a karaoke bar that has private rooms for each group, so you can act a full in front of just your friends. I loved that idea! And, the music was available in several languages, so we had fun singing to Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Korean, and American music. The guys that were with us were very nice. They treated us right, and had a blast singing with us girls. One was actually interested in me and kept asking my friend about where I was from, what I did, etc. We exchanged business cards, and today, he called. While I am not looking to date at the moment, I realized just how NOT ready I was while talking to him. He speaks English, but not great. He is from Korean and speaks Korean and Russian fluently. I had a difficult time on the phone w/him. I know, it's good to get to know people and understand the differences, which I am fine with, but not when they want to pursue something more. So, I will politely inform him that we are just to be friends, if he calls back. At least back home, I only worried if they worked, were sane, etc. Now, I have to see if we can communicate!

In the meantime, I'm working on my Russian and know most of the letters now and about 10 words/phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment