Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dear U.S. Post office...please help Kazakhstan!

After 4 weeks of waiting for two packages that were supposed to take 6-10 days, I went to the post office with a local today to retrieve them. Holy crap. The place was very large, with approximately 20 windows. However, much like Walmart cashier lines, only about 5 windows were open. So, we approach and after a 20 minute paperwork fiasco, I get my boxes. But, it doesn't stop there. I had to go to a DIFFERENT window to buy stamps. The young girl had NO idea about mailing postcards and finally sent us to service desk at the front. This would have been an easy solution, had somebody actually been working the desk. We waited approximately 20-25 more minutes before someone returned and was able to sell us stamps. I have never experienced such irritation at a post office before. So, I am asking that the U.S. Postal Service comes to show Kazakhstan how to do things, as I have had great experiences with overseas shipping, etc. back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment