Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, August 22, 2011

feeling more like home..

Tonight, we had a pizza get-together at a co-worker's house. It was great. This is the second gathering we've had...new and old teachers. It is always a blast. Lots of people, getting to know each other, enjoying food and drinks. I felt comfortable with everyone and two of the couples have babies. For those who know me, you know how much I LOVE babies. So, I was in heaven holding them. :)  One of the moms even commented while I was holding her newborn, that he "..hasn't been this quiet in a long time". It was a great night with lots of great people and slowly, but surely, this is feeling more and more like home. I'll never be able to replace my friends back home, but that's the beauty of friendship. It isn't about replacing old ones. It's about finding new ones along the way, but knowing your old ones are there to return to.

On a totally different track, I bought Snickers rabbit flavored cat food tonight. She loved it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment