Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dang it...good, cheap food is NOT easy to avoid!

I have struggled with weight over the past few years. My main problem? I love food! I love the smells, the tastes, the comfort...it's all so enjoyable. I eat when I am happy, sad, stressed, and just any other reason there is. When my friends heard I was moving to Kazakhstan, they asked, "What do they eat there? What will you eat?" I wasn't worried (despite horse being the national dish). But, now that I am here. I am worried. Not because of what they serve, but because food is cheap and delicious here. I can get fresh baked bread daily for under 75 cents. Tonight, I bought a steak at the market and it was only $2. Fresh fruit at the market (not regular grocery store, but market) is so cheap as well. I bought a head of cabbage the other day for 35 cents!! I could go on and on. Sure, some of the food is good for me, like fruits and vegetables. But, I'm not gonna lie. The fresh bread.....aaahhhhh. Thank goodness I am forced to walk everywhere. It will help me from turning into the Pillsbury Dough-girl! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment