Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Odds and Ends

As my time draws closer to go back to the U.S.A., it makes me think of all things I have missed, and the oddities that are out there in the world.  Here are just some fun photos of things that have made me think, "What the hell??" Not all our that odd, but still worthy enough to be an "odds and ends" type of photo...

This is the make-shift wall they set up for "housing" when they were doing construction on my street. 


This is the balloon guy that makes awesome balloon hats (yes, I will get one some day) 
and they are under $3!!

NEVER had this happen before, but apparently, mixing antacids, such as Pepto, and alcohol can give you a black mouth. Luckily it happened to my friend or I would have been super freaked that I was an alien.

In case you are not a fan of regular white milk, but aren't in the mood for chocolate either - you have choices! I have not tried these yet. With the right cereal, they may not be that bad. :)

This is part of our "Sea World" area...shopping/dining area. The picture below is another angle of the area. The boat used to be in water, but over the years the water left. It is now in a man-made fountain area. 


I was not as quick as I would have liked, but that is a person on a bike with a HUGE pile of boxes on the back. This is very common here. 

Whizzing by is also a woman pushing a portable food cart. I guess you just stop whenever you find someone hungry. I'll work on better pictures of these things. They are interesting to see. 

They say "everything's bigger in Texas" and while that is often true, things can get big here too! Granted, I was at a Tex-Mex place. That is my mojito on the right. It is too big for just one hand. 

This isn't odd..just funny. I was at a soccer tournament today and the one team has these jerseys. I couldn't help but crave fried green beans from TGI Fridays. Hahaha. 



This summer, I'll be on the look out for weird or unusual things that you would only see in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment