Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Had my fill of upsets lately

It's been a very frustrating two weeks for me. It began last weekend, when I went to hail a taxi. He turned his light off, so I figured there was someone in the back. As he drove past, I noticed there was nobody inside. As soon as he got past me, he turned his light back on. Then, he happened to get stopped at a red light. So, I went and approached him. He pointed at me and then shook his hand no. He would not take me. I almost cried. I can't believe he was discriminating against a paying customer. Was he racist against whites? Was he sexist and refusing to take me because I was a woman? I'll never know, but I do know that I was very hurt.

Then, while in Hong Kong seeing a doctor, I found out my first round of meds didn't work and my cervix is still having problems. Ugh. After 20 years of hormones, etc., I am fed up with being a woman. I would love to have it all taken out - rid the house of the plumbing, so to speak - but I am too young. It would just mean a different type of hormone treatment.

This week, I had to say good-bye to one of my favorite students. She is moving back to Japan and I am going to miss her terribly. I cried. That is the THE hardest part of being an international teacher. People come and go much more frequently.  I also had to go say good-bye to a former student and his family, as they are going back to Israel. My heart was very heavy this week.

To top it all off, I have a pinched nerve that is causing tingling in my arms and I went to the doctor. Until I can see a chiropractor in Hong Kong, I got meds. I told her about my stomach ulcers and she gave me meds to take with the pain pills to protect my stomach. Guess what isn't working. Now, my stomach is in pain and I'm back to no pain meds, a strict diet, and wishing it didn't have to be this difficult sometimes to get good medical treatment. I am wishing I were at home in the States, where I know this could all be fixed so quickly and easily. Don't get me wrong, I love living overseas and traveling, 95% of the time. When it comes to my health, I would much rather be in the States. So, I'll have to made due for 85 more days until I can get back to PA and see doctors I am familiar with.

We have parent conferences this week, so I am hoping those at least go well and give me the boost I need to re-energize and push through.

No comments:

Post a Comment