Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, April 20, 2013

AAHHHH...migraine!

Anyone who suffers from migraines knows that they are not only down-right obnoxious, but they can be very debilitating as well. Today, I suffered enough that I had to call in the prescription medication and take a 4 hour nap. Luckily, it is Saturday, and I had that option.

However, I was at work, trying to get some of the "one million and one" things done that I need to accomplish this weekend. I was only semi-productive, crossing off only one component of my "to-do" list. :( I had a slight pounding when I woke up, but I stubbornly ignored it. I should have taken medication, but I didn't realize how quickly it would turn on me. Within twenty minutes at work, it had become full-blown. I pushed through, trying to get a lot done. It then got to the point where every time I bent down or leaned over, it felt as if someone was driving a sharp object into my temple. I was literally crippled in pain. My one coworker (yes, many of us work on the weekends) even commented that I looked pale. I knew I had to go home and soon.

So, after pushing my body to work for nearly 2 hours through pain, I retreated. I really had no choice. As I said, thankfully it is Saturday. Had this been a regular work day, I would have been out of luck.  When it gets that bad, you become so obsessed with the pain, that it makes you temporarily crazy. You think the worst thoughts. You think things like, "If I cut off a finger, the pain from that will distract me from the pain in my head". Yes, it sounds nuts. It is irrational thinking. However, a migraine can cause you to be such a person. Fortunately, I have managed to get it to subside. It is lingering, and I will continue to follow up with Excedrin for migraines (amazing product) for a day or so, to keep it at bay until it decides to disappear completely.

So now, I am going to see how much I can get done for school at home, in the comfort of my pajamas, non-florescent lighting, and perfect air temp that I have full control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment