Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, March 10, 2013

travel addiction overload

One of the main reasons I took a job overseas was to travel the world. I want to see as much as I can and learn about new cultures while I am young enough to enjoy it.  And so far, it has turned out much better than expected. Not only do I have a job that I love (although some days I'm pushed to my limit), but I also get enough time off to travel.

For my three week winter break, I spent it lapping up the sun in wonderful Australia. And once I returned to China for work, it was only a few short weeks before our spring break was upon us and I was on vacation in the Philippines. But lately, I've been booking so many hostels, planes, trains, and ferries, that I can honestly say I think I hit an overload in myself. And I never thought I would say that. In the past two weeks, I have booked room accommodations, flights, etc. for 8 different countries.  And that is just my summer travels. Then, I starting booking for my winter trip with my mom. This includes another two countries. I've decided on things, but haven't hit "book now" just yet. Oh, I almost forgot about my fall break, where I will be spending a week in Malaysia. Tonight, I booked more rooms for a long weekend to Hong Kong and Macau next month.  I am so confused anymore looking at the travel sites, the price comparisons, and so forth. All I want now is to just stop and wait for the trips to get closer. I am worn out.

Now, for those reading this and thinking, "What a bragging *#(%!", please don't. At first, I thought it myself. Then, I reminded myself that I go through countless pictures of kids that belong to my friends, or their wedding albums, or their new jobs, etc. And I do so b/c I care about their happiness. They are my friends. So, bear in mind, that my travels are what truly make me happy. I don't want kids or a marriage (at least not any time soon), nor do I want a new job. I'd be stupid to leave mine, or even want to leave. And just like those of you with kids can admit to - sometimes they wear you out. They take a lot of energy. I know that planning a vacation isn't quite the same thing, but it is work and energy and in the long run, I'll be so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment