Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just a rant and nothing more

Since this is indeed  my blog, I am going to just vent my frustrations of stupid stuff today. But, if you make it to the end, I'll have a good thing to. :)  Ok, so here goes....

Many of you are on Facebook. If not, you are aware of what it is. It's a great way to keep in touch w/people from around the world. It's also a complete pile of bull crap in a variety of formats. Don't get me wrong. I post the occasional stupid picture or such. I also use it to send a politically induced message now and again. Although, I do try to avoid those, as I respect other opinions. I'll be the first to debate with someone about something I disagree on. Not out of disrespect, but out of wanting to try and understand how they can see it the way they do. Anyway, that's another story......

My pet peeve for today's rant is those stupid pictures of "If I get 10,000 likes, I can get a puppy". Are you freakin' kidding me? First of all, these parents are just looking for a shameless way to get their child's picture seen by as many people as possible. And, to feel good about themselves if people share the crap.  Second of all, it teaches children that if we beg someone else for something, we can get what we want. Why don't the parents just teach their children about responsibility and earning things? The kid could do chores to earn an allowance. Having a puppy is hard work. The kid needs to learn responsibility anyway.

I think about how our society races children. I say that, because in TOO many cases, the parent sucks at it, so it becomes a burden on all of us. I think about the fact that if I had a child, not only would I be teaching him/her about right and wrong, but then I'd  have to teach him/her about how other people weren't raised better. I don't have the energy for that at this point in time in my life. I'd rather travel.

As a teacher, I continually watch parents do things or say things that are going to come back to bite them in the ass in twenty years. I am not saying I know how to parent better, since I have never done it myself. But, when I spend more hours in a day with your child than you do, I have some opinions.  And if I EVER find one of my friends doing that stupid "like to let my child have something" advertising, they'll get my opinion ear full and then some.

Ok. For my good thing today. One of my kiddos has expressed emotions using words two times this week! (she's never been able to do it before!)  So proud of her progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment