Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, February 8, 2013

Vacation time - again! :)

Here in China, it is Chinese New Year. Well, officially, the 10th, I think. But, lots of local businesses have already shut down and many more will follow suit for the next few days. There is not much to see or do here in Shekou where I live, but I have heard Hong Kong will be buzzing with a parade and fireworks. I originally contemplated staying here, but then even the locals told me to get out. Go have fun doing something else. And I listened.

This afternoon, my friend and I leave for the Philippines. Lots of people think we are nuts because we are going to stay in Manila and not the islands, but I'm ok with being the odd one. I do not care what others think of my vacation plans. All I know is that I get to spend a week with a very dear friend who has decided not to return to China next year. So this is going to be a week of fun-filled memories for her and I. We'll go to the volcano, some historic sites, a cooking class, and anything else we feel like doing over the next 7 days.

I will try to blog a few days in and let you know how it is. I am definitely looking forward to learning to cook local food by a local chef. The dessert menu alone has my mouth watering - fried banana crepes with vanilla custard. Yum!! Most of all, I am looking forward to tank tops and flip flops. Oh, how I love warm weather. Granted, the weather in China has been very warm as well, but now a cold front is coming in, so perfect timing to leave!

Happy Year of the Snake to all of you. May you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment