Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Purim!

Since I've been living in China, I've had the privilege of experiencing several cultural festivities, spanning a variety of cultures. I've enjoyed Chinese New Year (fireworks are still going off as I type this tonight), Dawali, an Indian festival, Hanukkah, Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) and tonight - Purim! (Another Jewish holiday).

The Jewish festivities are always so kid friendly. I love getting to see my students in another element. It is always so much fun. And, I love getting to eat the food!! There is something about falafel and hummus that just make me happy. :)  This holiday is one where people dress in costume. Below are some pics of some of my students and some others.
This is a parent and younger sister of one of my kiddos.
The one on the right is my student.
This tator is mine, but refused to wear a costume. Lol. 

This one is mine too!


Buzz Lightyear and his younger brother enjoying a pony ride!

The evening was fun and I got to see a lot of people that I only get to see in passing during the school week. Having time to have great conversations was so enjoyable. Now that I am home with a belly full of falafel, pita, hummus, eggplant, schnitzel  and more...it's time for a glass of wine and relaxation. Happy Purim to any of you reading that are Jewish!!



No comments:

Post a Comment