Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, January 18, 2013

This is not happening, is it?

Unfortunately, it is. I am on my second major sinus infection since moving here in August. Why? Oh, just a little thing called pollution. Yeppers. It got me again. You would think it wouldn't be so hard on someone, but it is. When the air is so thick that you can't see buildings, that is not good. I missed one day of work this week, but have struggled with a minimal voice the rest of the week.

Now, people ask me, "Did you know it was polluted there before you left?" Of course I did. I researched. I asked around from others who have lived here. And I was optimistic that I could handle it. I mean, I'm used to getting the seasonal change sinus infection/colds anyway, so this would be just like that - a few times a year. No biggie. Well, boy, was I wrong. I've been here approximately 5 months (with 3 weeks spent in Australia) and I'm on infection 2. NOT good. Last time (October), I ended up out of work for three days. Luckily, this week I only missed one. Now, let's see if I can get rid of this before Monday. Who am I kidding? This won't go away that easily, but I'd be thrilled if I could at least get it minimized so that I had a normal voice again and could talk and sing with my students. Oiy.

I have an email in to a woman who does acupuncture and other various treatment options. Hopefully she can get me in soon. I am also going to make an appt. with an ENT doctor in Hong Kong that comes HIGHLY recommended. I hate having to go to doctors if not really necessary, but this is necessary. I can't do this every few months. If I only had a stuffy head or runny nose, I'd suck it up. But, for those who really know me well, imagine how much this is killing me to not be able to talk well!!! AAAHHHH. (haha)

Ok, that's my vent for now. I can't fix the pollution here, so I've gotta figure out how to prevent this from happening again. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment