Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Teaching parents is harder than teaching kids

So, I've had a pretty good week so far. Monday was good, Tuesday was good, and even Wednesday, the kids were not too squirrel-y. I was pretty happy about this. I mean, most weeks, I am lucky if I get one good day. The rest are also crazy and behavior filled. I was prepared for some behaviors at this point in time in the week, but only from the kids.

Imagine my surprise today, when a 4 YEAR OLD student shows up for class with a Double Espresso Coffee drink from Starbucks in his hand! WHAT THE HELL?? I immediately said, "OH, NO!" I then proceeded to quickly call for my para to translate. This adult does not speak English. But, I wanted her to know that NEVER, EVER, EVER is it acceptable to give this child coffee on a school day. I do not recommend it at all, but DEFINITELY not on a school day!  And while I had her attention, I asked her to stop sending so much chocolate for his snack time. I mean, the kid will survive just fine with less caffeine. And, I might survive a tad easier as well.

Needless to say, this kid was "bouncing off of the walls" today. Oiy. I was worn out trying to keep him focused on something. He was sure in a good mood though. He told me about 5 times today that he loved me, which helps to keep from wanting to duct tape him into a chair. lol.  I just do not understand parents of certain cultures. The kids are allowed candy and gum for breakfast, can eat junk food all day, and if they get upset about something, the adult buys them more candy to make them happy. Dentistry must be a lucrative business here.  All I know is that I do not want this crap in my room. I am not convinced that there will be no more coffee, but I am positive they will not let me know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment