Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Early birds get the...well, it's better..

I needed some fruits and veggies for the week, so I decided to go to the market place, as the produce is always so much better there. I had been up early, thanks to my cat. Temperatures were to reach 80 today, so I figured I'd head out early to avoid the late afternoon heat. I took a leisurely walk through the park, through parts of town I had never been through, and finally, wrapped myself back around to familiar grounds and found the market. I love when you have nothing to do but explore. I had no time frame to follow, so I enjoyed every minute.

I arrived at the market around 10:00 am. And to my surprise, it wasn't packed!! Usually, you are being shoved from one side to the other, struggling to get into certain stands to get good produce, and often irritated by the time you are done b/c of the people. Today was the opposite. Most vendors were set up, but not all. This is fine b/c they all sell the same things pretty much, so having at least 80% of them ready was still a good deal. I could take my time and browse for the best looking eggplant. I picked out my own tomatoes. They often fuss w/you. They put the best produce on display, but want to give you what is in the bags behind the counter. I usually go from stand to stand until I find someone who will  let me pick out my own. Today was much easier. Now that I have experienced calm market shopping, I will be sure to do so each weekend. The morning walk, the pleasant shopping, and even the not-yet crowded bus ride home. So while the early bird doesn't always end up with a worm, today was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment