Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I can't believe I forgot about this...

OK, this happened a while back (around holidays), but I had forgotten until tonight. My friends and I were joking about how "wonderful" our apartment complex is, and we started naming things. Then, we remembered the story.

We were going to the grocery store one Saturday afternoon. We walked down the stairs, as we always do. The kids attempted to take the elevator, but it was stuck on the first floor. We figured someone was moving in or out and needed it. Anyway, as we get to the first floor, we notice blood. Well of course this is a concern, but yet none of us seemed too freaked out by this sight. We just said, "watch the floor b/c there is blood on it". Then, we saw it - a LARGE skinned sheep just sitting in the elevator. And the reason the door was stuck open? They were waiting for a second one that was being brought in from a car outside. Yep, a second one came through, with two men carrying it quickly, as I am sure those buggers are not light. So, there in our elevator - 2 dead, skinned sheep - about to be butchered in someones apartment! Ah, Kazakhstan. You crack me up.

We had a good laugh about this tonight, just as we did the day we saw it. I couldn't believe I had someone forgotten to blog about it, so I wanted to share it now. I mean, the point of a blog is to share all sorts of things - even the "I can't believe I just saw that!" moments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment