Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ah, the simple things....

I had a great surprise today. I got a package from a friend back home. It was filled with goodies that I don't have here, or are super expensive here. I am SO excited. I now have awesome plates and bowls that are not heavy ceramic, a new spatula and can opener, Goldfish crackers, M&M's (ok, only cheap thing here), stain sticks for laundry, REAL trash bags...not the cheapo stuff they have here that rips when you open it, and HANGERS. I can't wait to finish laundry and hang some more of my clothes!!! Yes, little things in life make me so happy.

Now, this friend was very generous, as shipping can be pricey. I sent her a thank you, will consider this birthday presents for the next 5 yrs, and will definitely bring her back something great from Kazakhstan when I visit someday. (Thanks, Lori!)

I am so excited to go shopping this weekend and get items that require a can opener b/c I can!!! I have a feeling someone else may be sending me a can opener too, but I don't want them to feel bad. That is like gold here. I can sell any extras "black market" style and buy more hangers!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment