Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, August 18, 2011

New country, same habits

With the amount of things to do and see, I want to keep going....don't relax. Then, it occurs to me, that I do indeed live here now. As I was walking home last night, it began to sink in. I am an Expat. I will not be ending vacation to return to Virginia. I will, for at least the next 12 -24 months, live HERE. It was a very conflicting feeling. Not that I am doubting my decision, but the "what if" questions popped up. What if I get homesick? What if I miss cheap kitchen utensils? What if...then I stopped. And the next question was the only one that mattered - "What if I have the time of my life?" So, this morning, I got up about 6:30 as usual. I fed the cat. I talked to some friends on the internet. Then, I went back to bed. I have nowhere I need to be right now (work starts next week) and there is nothing that I don't have time for - later. I awoke about 10 am, refreshed and relaxed. As my cat was cuddled up with me, I looked at her and said, "We sure like sleeping in, don't we?" I guess some things never change, no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment