Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lost, but not forgotten.

By now, you are noticing a recurring theme with me: I often go long periods without blogging. It is not that I do not think about doing it, because I do. Every time I see something that still manages to shock me here in China, or travel to some splendid adventure, I want to blog. So why don't I? Easy. I lack motivation. Not all the time and not in all things I do, but in this, yes.

I love to write and I love to tell stories, but those who know me well know that I rarely shut up. I prefer to talk. So, until I get up enough nerve to do video blogs (probably will never happen), then I'll just go through my phases on the written blog.  Just to fill you in, here is where 2013 ended for me:

December, 2013 - joined my mom in Prague for an early Christmas trip with her. It was great. I love her lots and enjoy our travels together, despite our bickering. It's just who we are. :)  We also visited Vienna while there. Man, it was cold for me. I'm used to Southern China winters now.  After my mom headed back home, I ventured on to Poland, which I LOVED.  I also took a day trip to Bratislava (not impressed) and then rounded out my three week vacation in Budapest, which reminded me in so may ways of Paris, but yet so enjoyably different on its own. Another place I can say I loved. That is where I celebrated 2014 and my birthday. Yep, another year older now. But, I'm sure 35 will be awesome.

February, 2014 - Chinese New Year means we have off work for a week. I don't complain. This vacay took me to Japan. It was very, and I mean VERY, difficult to come back to China. I loved Japan. It is exactly what I always thought Asian life would be like. Everything I have always longed for in China was there, in a much more enjoyable sense. I visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Mt. Fuji/Hanoke area. It was such an amazing week. I could live in Japan for sure!!

Now, here it is, March 2 and I just finished up some lesson plans for tomorrow. Work is still going wonderfully. A few kids have been buggers lately, but nothing I can't handle. I love my class so much. It only took 7 years of teaching to get a class this well behaved. Haha. I wonder if it will be another 7 until it happens again. I sure hope not!

I have some weekend getaway trips planned this spring here in China. I didn't get a job offer I liked (transfer), so I'm in China again next year. It is ok though. I've already got my year of vacations planned out. That reminds me - I need to apply for a visa to Tibet. ;)

Life is good. I'm still single (and OK with that), no kids (besides the 18 I have nearly 8 hours a day), and holding steady at the "not fat, not skinny" weight my body does well with. I'm going to the States this summer for one month and really excited to see friends and family, but just as excited to get back overseas and hit up a few more countries.

In honor of Dr. Seuss (today is his birthday), here are a few quotes that could each sum up my life:

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose."

"The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."

"You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment