Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drop-Dead TIRED

I know many of you who will understand this post, and many of you who will have absolutely NO freakin' idea what I am talking about, but can empathize.

I just finished day 3 of the work week. It is our 5th day of school in all. I have 14 students, of which 6 speak English. I have tried using google translate, but it does not give the hearing option for all languages, and my kiddos can't read.

I left work today at 6pm. I started work today at 7:15am. No, kids are not there those times. I am just trying to get caught up since day 1!!! This is the hardest schedule I have had in a long time. For those who remember my job in the states...this is right there with it. The only difference is that I do not have to restrain anyone. But, there is no lunch break, no planning/prep throughout the day, and come to think of it, I haven't used the bathroom once while the kids are there b/c there is just never time! The cuties come in at 8:30 sharp and leave at 3pm. I am with them non-stop. And let me tell you, I am worn out!!

If I had a nickle for every time I repeated something once and a quarter for everything I had to repeat at least 5 times in a day, I'd have student loans paid off this year! I have also never sang so much in my entire life!! For those with no English, songs seems to get their attention way better than me talking. Although they still have no idea what I am saying, it sounds better. Therefore, I sing just about every single thing all day long. When I get home, I still work on things for my team (I am team leader) and work out lesson plans for the next day. At this point in time, day-by-day is all I can do. When I left this evening, I had a partially completed bulletin board outside my room. I'll finish it tomorrow.  I did, however, bring home the materials to continue working on it at home, so that it WOULD be able to get done tomorrow.

Last year, I didn't start my year in preschool. I took over the program in November. I had NO idea how much of a struggle it would be to get these darn kiddos on a routine. Hell, walking in a line is a daunting task that we have yet to get. I am hoping by the end of the week we can at least make it down the hallway (straight shot) to music without being all over the place. We'll see. And if I can make it through one day without someone crying for mom, I'll be thrilled. Now, crying when you get hurt is always acceptable. Crying because someone sat where you wanted to..another story.

For those of you who think your job is hard, I want to say "suck it" b/c I am pretty sure this equals it. No, seriously, I know a lot of you have hard jobs too. I am just too darn tired to care. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment