Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, March 26, 2012

Have no fear: Chinese is here!

So, my friend Lauren and I are not big fans of Indian food. Everyone asked why we would travel somewhere where we do not like the food. We figured if all else, they had McDonald's. And yes, we ate there a few times. lol.  There are some things that are ok. I love the Nan (bread), and found a dish I absolutely love, b/c it is not spicy at all. It's called Malai Kofta. It is made several ways, but the non-spice added white sauced one is great! Luckily though, every place we stopped at had a "multi-cultural" menu. So, we could order Chicken Chow Mein, which I did a lot, and even fried chicken and french fries, which Lauren had. I love Chinese food and was quite thrilled to eat it in lieu of Indian food. We also drank tons of water (bottled of course), b/c it was dirt cheap. I had a few beers while there (Kingfisher) and they were fine. It is quite rare that I can't find a tolerable beer.

Over all, our week of eating wasn't that bad. I did eat so much bread though that I put on 6 pounds that week! Haha. Well, that and all the driving. I normally walk a ton while traveling, but not this time. At least I know now, that if I ever go back, I will not be as afraid of the menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment