Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl just isn't the same here

It's that time of year again  - Superbowl!! Normally, I'd be much more excited about it. Although my team (Steelers) didn't make it (again), I would still be planning to attend some party where I'd eat lots of unhealthy food and drink beer with good friends. It's tradition. Well, here, it's kinda lost on me. First of all, the time difference is ridiculous. The game will not even be getting started until 2 am here. And seeing as how I get up for work about 6:15, that just won't work for me. Besides, on a second note, I'm neither a Giants nor a Patriots fan. But, like many things in life, including politics, there is a "lesser of two evils" that I prefer to win. This year, I'm hopping on the Giants bandwagon for just one night, even if it's only in spirit.

By the time I wake up, scores will be all over Facebook, so I'll have the run-down. I have friends on both sides, so there will be lots of banter to read. And at work, it'll be a hot topic with those of us from the states, discussing who did and did not watch, etc. I remember I used to stay up late to watch the games when I lived in Ireland. Then again, Ireland wasn't quite the time difference that Kazakhstan is.  Now, if my boys can get it together and make the Superbowl next year, I may consider pulling an all-nighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment