Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, December 19, 2011

Where am I??

Alright, I'm gonna be honest. One of the things I love most about traveling around the world is getting to experience new cultures. Granted, almost everywhere you go, you find American/English music. Heck, even Kazakhstan plays it, even though most people don't speak English! haha.  But, they also play LOTS of Russian/Kazakh music. Besides the calls to workship, I haven't heard anything but English music here in Dubai. While in a shopping center today, I noticed they were playing a medley of Christmas tunes, all to an upbeat note. There was Silent Night, Santa Clause is coming to town, oh, and of course, Feliz Navidad - because everyone loves that song! ;)  OK, sure...a little holiday spirit is always good. But, when that was done, Justin Beiber came on and that is when I decided it was time to go. I do not want to listen to him in America, so I sure as heck do not want to listen to him here. Of all of the places I've been, I've been able to find the charm about each one. Whether it's the people, the food, the buildings....but here, I am just not feeling it. Maybe I'm still just moody from being sick. Maybe I'm too anxious for Paris. Or maybe, this just isn't my ideal vacation spot. I'm hoping I'll feel much different once I get out to the desert tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment