Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, August 15, 2011

When all else fails...Cluck!

So, my friends and I decide to eat out tonight, without the help of a Russian speaking individual. While trying to figure out the menu with the help of a very nice waitress who spoke very little English, we were going nowhere. She didn't understand what we were asking. So, unexpectedly, Chad moo'ed like a cow. Our waitress burst out laughing and just shook her head no. So, he made a sheep sound. She continued to laugh, but continued shaking her head no. I chimed in with a chicken cluck (more like "bawk, bawk, bawk") and she excitedly said, "Yes!"  The meal was fantastic and we had a great time.

On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store to get cat food. Not being able to read flavors, I asked a man for help. He didn't speak English, so again, I resorted to my clucking. He laughed out loud, but showed me what I wanted. I'm sure the story will be a good one for these two locals to tell as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment